Friday, March 6, 2015

What To Do With Fresh Lemons #fruit #inspiration #food #cooking


I saw a comment on one of my pictures asking what to do with fresh lemons. Well, I thought I'd post what I do and invite anyone else to add what they do with fresh lemons.

1. Juice and Freeze
  • you can freeze in ice cube trays and drop them in a glass of water for lemon water
  • freeze the juice in gatorade bottles or juice bottles
  • freeze in canning jars
2. Make lemonade
  • 4 cups of water, 1 cup lemon juice, sugar to taste (we use 1/2 cup of sugar)
3. Use the juice in marinades.
  • There's a marinade packet by Weber that calls for 1/2 cup of lemon juice that we really like
  • You can look up different marinades online also
4. Lemon meringue Pie
  • I just found a recipe for this that I'm excited to try. I'll let you know how it goes. :)
5. You can add fresh squeezed lemon juice to flavor just about anything.

I'd love to hear how you use fresh lemons. Comment and I'll put together another list that includes what you do.

Happy Lemon Picking and Using!

No comments:

Post a Comment