Saturday, August 30, 2014

CONFESSIONS OF A MOM

I had this week’s post all planned out. I was going to post a side by side of all three boys because it’s amazing how similar they all are. I had everything planned out and it’s not going to happen right now. It’s been another rough week.

Bear is doing better with sleeping longer during the night. He’s growing like a weed and drinking 2-4 ounces every feeding. It’s so much fun to see how attentive Tigger is with Bear. He helped me clean all of the baby toys and is constantly trying to get Bear to play with them. If I put Bear down, Tigger will lay next to him and sing to him, talk to him, and rub his head. It’s so sweet.

On the other hand, I have been the one that seems to have issues this week. I can’t seem to figure out how to take care of the boys and myself at the same time. It has really given me a deep appreciation for those who have more than a couple of kids. I don’t know how you find time to take care of yourself and the rest of your family. My hat goes off to you.

Please don’t take this next part as complaining because it is what it is. This will just give you and idea of what I’ve been dealing with physically on top of everything. I’m sure I’m no one special in these things but it’s my first experience with it.

Earlier in the week I developed a breast infection and am now on meds for that. Friday I ended up throwing up all afternoon. I haven’t quite figured out what brought that one, but again, it is what it is. On top of all that, my milk seems to be drying up. In a way it okay because of the pain of the infection. At the same time I’m beginning to feel like I’m a failure in a way. On the other hand, I had trouble keeping up with Tigger and with the amount Bear is eating I highly doubt I’ll be able to keep up with him for much longer anyway. It’s just an interesting play of emotions.


Overall, we are very blessed. Bear is heathly. Tigger is healthy. It feels like Bear has been with our family for a lot longer than two and a half weeks. I love my family and all they’ve done to help. I know I haven’t been the best at answer my phone and I haven’t returned calls well. I apologize for that. We are all doing well. Thank you for all the love and support you give us. We are truly blessed.

No comments:

Post a Comment