Saturday, December 6, 2014

CONFESSIONS OF A MOM



It's amazing how quickly the weekend comes these days. It's hard to believe that four years ago Tigger bounced his way into our lives. (He also decided today that he's not really four, he's still three because four is too big. Not sure I'm following the logic since he also said he could be five but he's not four.) It's hard to believe how life has changed since then too.

This week Hubby showed me an email from a gal he works with. Their baby ended up with a severe heart defect that requires surgery. They didn't know before hand and almost lost her. I had a hard time reading the email with the words a blurred from the tears in my eyes. With all the technology we have today, I'm amazed that there is still so much unknown yet at the same time I watched via FB another friend's twins who were born almost three months early fight and survive with the help of skilled doctors, nurses, and technology. The girls are now home with their parents.

I can't help but think and know that one of the reasons people aren't finding out about issues their child have in utero is because they will be given a better chance of surviving if we don't know ahead of time. I know that may not make sense on many levels but it makes sense to me.

We all have our trials. Sometimes that trial is learning how to deal with the consequences, good and bad, of a lack of knowledge. It's an interesting concept to think about, and every once in awhile I ponder what that means, especially in relation to Lion. Had we known ahead of time we wouldn't have had much time with him. Other families I know may not have been able to have their baby at home if they had known of the condition ahead of time. If we knew everything it would sure make some decisions easier, but then how would we grow?

Anyway, I'm trying hard to enjoy life at the moment. This time of year seems to have us all spread thinner than usual, and a little more stressed than usual. This topic is probably not the best thing for some to ponder when stressed but I've found it strangely comforting in knowing that things happen exactly the way they are supposed to despite our knowledge or lack there of. Just know that we aren't supposed to know sometimes, as hard as that may be, and enjoy the journey. Wishing you a very Merry and stress-free Christmas! ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment