Thursday, November 24, 2011

Book Review--shiver, linger, forever



shiver, linger, and forever by Maggie Stiefvater. This is a threefer and I've had very mixed feelings on this one. I picked up this series because I met one of the agents that works with Maggie's agent and I loved her. So I've been reading what I can by those authors represented by the Andrea Brown Literary Agency. The covers have made me curious for awhile and meeting this particular agent just gave me the extra push that I needed to read them.

I can't say I was overly impressed with shiver. I thought the storyline was intriguing, but I felt Sam was too unsure of everything. Grace I
felt more attached to but their relationship just didn't sit right with me. However, I liked it enough to continue in the series.

Now linger held me more captive. I loved the chapters from the secondary characters points of view. I loved getting to know them, their attitudes and to me, they kept the story moving. If I had to pick, I'd say I liked Cole and Isabel more than Sam and Grace. This time I didn't feel Grace was what she needed to be. She wasn't as strong as in the first one, but Sam stepped up his game and it ended in such a way that I couldn't not finish the series.

forever had me from the get-go, hook, line, and sinker. I loved it. It solidified my liking of Cole and Isabel even more. I wanted to just skip over Sam and Grace's chapters just to continue their story. Grace's POV as a wolf was definitely more interesting than most her other chapters, however I still prefer Isabel and Cole. I loved their personalities and how Maggie just made then unique. That being said, I hated the ending . . . hated, hated, hated it. I feel like it left things undone and questions unanswered. Unfortunately it almost ruined the series for me.

So overall, shiver gets a :):):), linger a :):):):), and forever :):):):)

Here are blurbs about each, there are also links to chapters and extra stuff:


For years, Grace has watched the wolves in the woods behind her house. One yellow-eyed wolf—her wolf—is a chilling presence she can’t seem to live without. Meanwhile, Sam has lived two lives: In winter, the frozen woods, the protection of the pack, and the silent company of a fearless girl.


This is the story of a boy who used to be a wolf and a girl who was becoming one. Just a few months ago, it was Sam who was the mythical creature. But now it is spring. With the heat, the remaining wolves will soon be falling out of their wolf pelts and back into their human bodies…


The conclusion to #1 bestselling Shiver trilogy. In Shiver, Grace and Sam found each other. InLinger, they fought to be together. Now, in Forever, the stakes are even higher than before. Wolves are being hunted. Lives are being threatened. And love is harder and harder to hold on to as death comes closing in.

Love to hear what you think!

No comments:

Post a Comment