Thursday, November 10, 2011

Book Review--Light Fixtures

Light Fixtures by Deborah Demoss Smith. Deborah contacted me and ask me to review her book. First of all, I think that's pretty cool that she asked me. Thanks Deborah!

This was a very interesting book. I enjoyed the characters, the setting, and the concept. For once, all of my predictions for how things would turn out were wrong. That made it more interesting for me to read. The concept of needing people to be Light Fixtures, to help us through different things and balance life, I really, really like. Deborah does a great job weaving a story the held me to the end. This book receives a :):):):). I could recommend this book for just about anyone.


It’s 1963 and everything is moving fast for 14-year-old Aurora. Her often-manic thoughts and actions can cause those around her to shake their heads in bafflement, especially when her spirits nosedive. But it’s no puzzle for the mystical Mr. Hematite and his tiny assistant, Mr. Dragonfly. Together, they guide her in understanding the onset of bipolar moods and show her that as Light Fixtures, everyone has the potential to shine with balance and brilliance.

No comments:

Post a Comment