Saturday, September 27, 2014

CONFESSIONS OF A MOM

I’m trying very hard this week to not complain. It’s been interesting to see the changes in Bear this week and even in Tigger. Bear has begun to sleep a little more during the night, which is fabulous! However, during the day he’s sleeping for 10-15 minute intervals. That’s hard needless to say. It’s barely enough time to grab a drink and run to the restroom.

As the week progressed, it got to the point that Bear wouldn’t sleep unless he was being held. It’s made it difficult to get anything done. I feel like the house has gone to shambles because it’s either let Bear cry or hold him. Since it seems like he’s been around forever, I have to remind myself that he’s only just over six weeks and I can’t expect too much, right?

Tigger on the other hand has become extremely helpful. He’s always been helpful but we had a rough patch for a little while. For the most part he’s happy to run grab diapers or a burb cloth or anything else. He’s still learning that I am not able to everything he wants when he wants, but those times are getting farther apart. And he more than makes up for anything when he says, “Mommy, I love having a baby brother.” “He has such tiny hands.” “He’s so cute.”

I just feel like I’m still in survival mode and I’m not sure I want to still be there. At the same time I can’t imagine having more children and my hat goes off to those who have more. I don’t know how you guys do it.


So, I’m not drowning yet and I have had some wonderful family and friends who have helped out by taking one or the other of my boys. It has given me a chance to stay above water. I am very blessed to be surrounded by such wonderful family and friends. I haven’t been able to say it enough. Thank you. Here’s to the next week hoping it will be better for everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment