Sunday, June 27, 2010

Kudos and Book Reviews

First off, a big congrats to the US Soccer Team. I haven't been an avid watcher of the World Cup, more of an off and on watcher, but I happened to watch the game on Saturday. It was well played and they fought hard. Congrats!



Here are two books that were quick easy reads that I didn't plan on reading. The first is Stephenie Meyer's The Short Second Life of Bree Tanner. I found it free on-line and took a look. It will be up until July 5th so if you don't want to wait in line at the library it's a good way to read it. Anyway, I enjoyed it. A lot of it was repeative information that we, as readers, already knew but Bree did not. I liked the new characters introduced and it gave us an insight into the Volutri. I happened to watch part of the Jimmy Kimmel Eclipse special the other day and they showed a brief clip that immediately reminded me of the book. I think once we see the entire movie, we'll understand more why Bree's life was important to have.



The second is a surprise addition to the Peter and the Starcatchers series, Peter and the Sword of Mercy by Dave Barry and Ridley Pearson. This fun series is about how Peter Pan became Peter Pan and the adventures he had before there was Wendy. This particular book introduces Peter and Wendy. It's a great story involving some of legends dating back to Charlemene. I really enjoyed this quick, easy read and would recommend it to everyone.

No comments:

Post a Comment