Thursday, May 6, 2010

Life's Crazy

I always seem to have so many wonderful plans that never quite seem to work out. For instance, I went to this wonderful blogging class taught by Margaret Turley and learned so many cool things and planned on immediately putting them into use, but then life happened. I ended up sick and as my mom always said, "Being sick wouldn't be so bad if you didn't feel so awful!" AMEN!

So, here are a few quick things. While I was sick on the couch I watched the Rachael Ray show. This particular episode was giving back to the community. I watched Rachael Ray rebuild a kitchen for a culinary arts teacher in Philadelphia and give all those students a $5000 scholarship through their YUM-O! program. To watch the excitment and tears that happened was truly inspiring. It makes me want to be in a position some day to be able to do something similar for people. Hopefully I'll be able to make that dream come true.


Then one of the things I learned was how to finally insert pictures AND how to make those pictures links! I know for some of you that may be old school, but for me it was exciting. So from now on, all my book covers for the books I review will be linked to amazon. I'm really excited about it. So here's my first one. I read Alyson Noel's Shadowland in the Immortal Series. I really enjoy the series and am amazed at how many bad choices one person can make, even when they think they are choicing correctly. The motivation behind everything is quite interesting as well. Damen's attitude shift I think is a bit sudden but it does fit the story line. I'm curious to see how everyone gets out of the mess they've gotten involved in. As I've said before with this series, it's not for everyone. There are innuendoes all over the place, but the story is good.

No comments:

Post a Comment