Saturday, July 26, 2014

CONFESSIONS OF A MOM


Friday seems to sneak up on me. The beginning of the week goes so slowly. Then I blink and it’s Friday. I’ve been trying to think of something significant this week and I’m coming up short. It’s hot. I’m hot, although I am freezing Hubby and Tigger out inside the house. They’re asking for blankets and I’m about comfortable. I find that pretty funny since I am ALWAYS the one who is cold. :)

Swimming lessons have come to an end. I got the email about preschool for Tigger and as excited as I am for him, it’s a little surreal. He’s ready for it. He needs it, but is he really that old? I think of all the things I still want to be able to do with him and it feels like time is running out.

Have you ever felt that way? That time is running out? Maybe that’s a weird way to put it, but I know once Tigger gets into school, the things we do together will be limited. Am I ready for that? Maybe this is the significant things this week, how to deal with the fact that time is slipping away.

And at the same time it feels like I’m in the perpetual waiting game. I want to be on the floor with Tigger, but I can’t. I want the baby here, but it’s not time. I want to be able to reorganize the new babies room, but I can’t. There are so many things that I want to be able to get done, but no . . . I’m waiting. Isn’t this whole patience things wonderful?!

So, as we wait for things I guess we learn the importance of enjoying the moments. Enjoy the hugs and kisses. Enjoy the willingness to help. Enjoy the smiles, the giggles, the games, the cuddles, enjoy everything you can. At least that’s what I’m trying to do as I feel like I’m in an endless waiting game that is running out at the same time. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment