Sunday, April 11, 2010

Book Reviews

The Maximum Ride Series (The Angel Experiment, School’s Out Forever, Saving the World and Other Extreme Sports, The Final Warning, Max, Fang) James Patterson

I enjoyed this series more so toward the end rather than the beginning. At times it seemed to have more of a tree hugger agenda, but the characters are all fun. There were enough twists and turns that kept me wanting to read. I like the idea of having wings and being able to have some of the avian abilities while depending on your family, whether they are blood or not. However, I’m not sure how I feel about the end of Fang. There are definitely issues that have not been concluded and I’m curious to see where Patterson takes it from there, but I really have mixed feelings about it. I'm finding I've grown attached to some of the characters and it's hard when life happens to them. This series is good for all ages and I would recommend it to most kids.

Stormbreaker
Anthony Horowitz

Throughout this entire book I felt like I was reading a movie. I still can’t place my finger on what movie it was, but the plots are exactly the same. It’s a good read but I’m not sure I’m interesting enough to read the rest of the story. Although I have seen boys eat it up. Maybe I’ll have to give it another shot later on.


Farworld Land Keep
J. Scott Savage

This series is a lot of fun. I enjoyed this second book as much as the first. I liked how choices and sacrifices had to be made. The characters really grew a lot, learning about their own weaknesses and how their personal strengths can help others. They also learned that they can change and make weak things stronger. I’m excited for the third book to come out, whenever that may be.

No comments:

Post a Comment